Tuesday, October 15, 2013

what dirtbike brand and model would be good for me as a beginner?

best kids beginner bikes on Best Kids BMX Bikes - Cheap or Used in All Sizes - InfoBarrel
best kids beginner bikes image



SKILLET!


I am 5'10 and weigh about 125 lbs., I have rode ATV's all my life and want to start riding dirt bikes. What would you recommend? I just want to trail ride and not race or anything right now. Also, what could I expect to pay? I definitely want to buy brand new, so give me an average price I would expect to pay. Try to keep the bike somewhat inexpensive. Please only answer if you have experience. Thanks!


Answer
You see you have two conflicting concepts here.. brand new and inexpensive. Those just don't connect for the most part. Then again, maybe you're a bit rich, but I'd think you would pay anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 for a brand new Jap bike (Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha). Really I'm still thinking you should buy slightly used off craigslist.... but hey, back to what you asked. Now I don't know what size ATV's you ride or even how old you are, but since you atleast have some experience, I'd recommend a 200-250cc four stroke to a small adult. However if you are a kid (13ish-16ish) I'd say more like a 150cc. Now running on my lack of information and truth of spirit (what.. I needed an "and") I'd recommend probably the least popular answer, a new Chinese motorcycle. Now before you do the standard "dismiss those junky pieces of shit" routine, some companies know what they're doing. Look into Zongshen, Lifan, and Qlink. Specifically Qlink as they are an interesting case. They take Chinese motorcycles and put them through American Quality Control (inspections) and then test every single bike. The Qlink XP200 is a dual sport, which I guess really isn't what you're looking for (I think) but it would allow you to ride in the dark, is the cheapest that I can find prices for online at $2,599 with a free 2-year warranty and you can find parts on their website. That engine is the same as a Suzuki dr200se motor(made on the same assembly line even), so you can also find parts for that engine and use those.

Hope I helped.

What would be a good beginner's bike for an 11 year old to get?

Q. My little sister wants to get a bike that is easy to learn on, is good for people sized about 4'9-4'11, and is affordable ($100-$300). I think a single-speed freewheel would be the best place to start, but I'd like your opinions too. You have any suggestions?


Answer
You can go to Walmart and buy a crappy bike cheap or get a decent bike on Craigslist.org in your area for about the same amount.

For learning how go here:
http://www.howtofixbikes.ca/2006/07/kids-bikes-smart-way.html
http://www.howtofixbikes.ca/2006/07/from-wreck-to-ride-or-how-not-to-buy.html
and here:
http://sheldonbrown.com/teachride.html

Both the above sites are great for bike repairs too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment