Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What would be a good starting dirt bike for a girl?

best kids beginner bikes on Best Girls Bikes 2013 : Beautiful Gift For Your Kids
best kids beginner bikes image



Julz C


Im 15 years old, about 5'5" and im learning how to dirt bike. My dad offered a Kawasaki klx 110. Would that be a good bike to start on?


Answer
Julz,
Ignore the idiots. Kids start riding as young as 4 with PW's and the like. Girls should ride as much as guys. My little sister rides and has fun. Riding is not a "man" only thing. if you want, some of the plastics manufacturers, like ACERBIS, make pink and purple replacement plastics for the KLX.

at 5'5" The KLX would be good. Make sure he gets the regular wheeled version. If there is a "tall" wheeled version, the bike may be a bit tall. Thus it wouldn't do much for your confidence since you can't touch the ground.

The other option is the TTR110E from Yamaha. Same type of four stroke 110CC motor in a small wheeled package. The TTR110L is the big wheeled bike.

See if your dad will take you to the bike shop to go sit on them. Realistically, you only need to have 1 foot on the ground to ride a motorcycle, just like a bicycle. However, having both feet touch, even if it's the balls of your feet will help your confidence when you're a beginner.

HTH,
D

What is the difference between fixed gear and single speed road bikes?




.


The only thing I know is that you can coast on single speed, and you pedal continuously on a fixie. I haven't ridden a bike (I live in the suburbs so I mostly drive) since middle school. Only rode a road bike a couple times.

Here are a few questions:

What is the difference, feel-wise, of riding them? For example, does one go faster, or smoother than the other?

I hear fixies are dangerous but only because a lot of people who have fixies ride brakeless. Can I install brakes on fixed gear? And if so, what brakes would be best? I rode a bike as a child but it was not really a road bike, just a generic kid's bike, and I am used to pushing down on the pedals to brake.

Which bike would be better for riding in the city of Chicago? I've rode in traffic with my friends but had borrowed someone's mountain bike because I don't own one, and that was a workout trying to keep up.

Which one would be easier to maintain? I'm a beginner so my boyfriend could help me with maintenance, but I don't want to spend too much to keep maintaining my bike.

Thank you so much! All the help is much appreciated. I'm moving to Chicago in the fall and would like to start riding. Thanks!
Oh, and can I always change the gears? Like could I start off with a single speed and then once I'm used to that, if I ever want to try fixed gear, could I change the whole thing into that? As I said, I'm a beginner so I have to learn everything about bikes and I don't really know much lol.



Answer
They're both crap.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment