Tuesday, August 27, 2013

How can I chill out and let me sons learn to ride really fast motorcycles?

best kids motocross bike on cool dirt bike graphics would be an ideal addition to your pit bike ...
best kids motocross bike image



DayZd Jugg


I raced motocross from the time I was old enough to walk until I was about 30 years old. I was really good at it, expert class, if you will. I have three sons and I want them to ride and race like I did, but I KNOW how it hurts and just how bad you can be hurt riding and racing and I also know it takes courage and a parent who isn't fearful for their child's life to allow them to practice and race.

Quite frankly, I am scared to death to turn my sons loose on a full blown race bike. We're talking about little 65cc motocross bikes that'll do 0 to 60 in < 5 seconds. I want them to experience the rush of racing, but ol'e Daddy here is just plain afraid to let them go.

HELP!!!!!!!! I am desperate to let them live, but I am afraid as I know how bad they "could" be hurt.
I am not pushing them into it. I have a dirtbike and they want to ride like I do. The problem is me letting them. I can see broken bones in their future and having broken both of my legs, my left ankle, losing my left kneecap and having it replaced, crushing my chest, splitting my head open, breaking both of my hands, my wrists and having steel rods in my legs and pins in the rest of my body, I am seriously concerned for their saftey. BUT, even with those injuries and fixes, I would not trade a moment of my memories of riding, racing and in general raising hell to NOT be pasted back together. It was more fun than you can possibly understand without having done it. And they have all the safety equipment and motorcycles. I just won't let them get on the KX65 or the CR85. I force them to ride the PW80 and the XR100. I'm going to have to let go, but I am afraid to and knowing the pain, almost feel irresponsible for even bringing these bikes into their lives, though they love'm.



Answer
I am also a parent and long-time motorcyclist, with my last 17-year old at home. It's tough to decide where that line is between freedom and safety, however motorcycling, especially MX and off-road motorcycling can be a safe and rewarding experience for them that will help teach them respect, courage and responsibility.

The first thing to teach them, as with any sport - is safety. Proper gear including leathers, chest & shoulder protectors, good MX helmet, goggles, boots, gloves, etc... Next teach them about the potential hazards - broken bones, dehydration, sprains or even death if it's not done properly.

Also coach them well, using positive reinforcement for good performance. If you think they will listen better to someone else other than their parent, then hire a coach. And most of all, watch them carefully and listen. If they are only doing this to impress you, then make it clear to them that you're impressed with them no matter what they choose to do - whether it's motorcycling or basket-weaving...

As with any sport - MX, soccer, little league or even track, there are always risks. Many millions of kids have successfully participated in these things and it's built their confidence and self-esteem, and once in a while a child unfortunately is injured. What's the alternative? We can't keep them in a box forever and by protecting them too much, they may be alive but won't truly be living. I know you'll make the best decision for them...

What dirt bike i should get if i want to get into freestyle motorcross?




Kennettboy


I want to know what dirt bike i should get if i want to get into freestyle motorcross? im 14 years old and realy love the sport i have no experience on a dirt bike, but i have a atv.What shoul i do.


Answer
Well if you want to do freestyle, you should get a 2-stroke 250cc. But with your inexperience I wouldnt recommend it. You being 14 and with no experience, I would recommend a 85cc. But depending on your size you might want to go with the Honda CRF150. Its a motocross bike made for bigger kids without much experience. Its a four stroke, but they are great bikes. Im a semi pro motocross racer, and freestyler, and I started with a 85cc when I was 7 and Im 17 now, with 10 years experience and I ride a YZ250F, so if you got ANY and I mean ANY questions about freestyle or motocross. You email me directly at coffinmotors@yahoo.com

If you get good enough, I might I have to put you on my team. lol




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment