Saturday, May 17, 2014

Should I get a helmet for a toddler?




zuckie44


My son will be 3 in June and my mom got him a "My First Scooter" to give for his birthday. I was wondering if a helmet is necessary. He loves Elmo/Sesame Street and I saw a set that has the helmet, knee and elbow pads with the characters all over it but since he won't be going that fast, I was wondering if he needs this or should we wait until he starts riding a bike to get the helmet.


Answer
Get him used to helmets now and he'll probably be more inclined to wear 'em later on when they're really needed.

Toddler tricycle... helmet, knee pads, what do I need?




Alyssa and


My daughter is 18 months old and I want to get her a tricycle. I know its a bit young but the neighbor kids have ride-on toys and she is showing a lot of interest.

What do I need to get to make it safe for her to ride? She would only be using it on the sidewalk in front of our place, never on a street or without me right there. I guess I am the over protective kind of mom, she won't be riding alone till after she is 10 if I have my way. Is a helmet enough?



Answer
Yes for a tricycle a helmet is def. enough, and even for a bicycle with training wheels a helmet is enough also. I wouldn't put knees pads or elbow pads on my kid when they are riding a bike, unless maybe it's when they are learning to ride a two wheeler, but that's just me, if u feel better with them on then by all means put them on her, but it really is unnecessary.

Hope this helps, :D.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment