Monday, May 12, 2014

having trouble assembling my kids bicycle front wheel?




goldeneyeg


I recently bought a huffy bicycle and I'm having trouble inserting the front wheel in the fork, the instructions say to take out the bolts, which i did but still looks like the wheel is too big, can someone help me?

Thanks!



Answer
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/no/shaking-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

I guess taking it to a bicycle shop for PROFESSIONAL assembly would have been out of the question. Way too logical.

Is it important for my kid to know how to ride a bicycle?




Craziee Pa


He tried it and couldn't balance himself on the bike ( which is natural in the beginning). Now he is so frustrated, he is giving up and says he doesn't want to do it ever again.

Should I make him try again later on in the year?



Answer
Yes, I think every kid should be able to ride a bike. He might be frustrated and give up, but he might show interest again later. One thing lots of kids don't learn these days is to handle failure and to keep trying. My son was 4 when we bought him a bike with training wheels and he refused to even try it. Then we visited my parents and they had my brother's razor scooter there and he learned to ride that and had no reason to try a bike. Then one day, my husband decided that since he had such good balance on the scooter, he probably could ride a bike, so he took the training wheels off and went out in the front with my son (who was 5 then) and practiced with him a few times and he got it! He was so proud of himself for doing it. Now his 4-year-old brother has the bike with training wheels and I have a bike and a bike trailer, so now we go for family bike rides in the mornings a lot.

It's good exercise and I think it teaches children patience, endurance, and the will to keep trying. Be positive when he's ready, let him use training wheels if he wants, and always encourage. When he is successful, celebrate and take lots of pictures. He'll really feel proud of his accomplishment.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment