Thursday, April 10, 2014

Biking in a triathlon?




liongir


I'm doing a triathlon with my friends in April and I'm looking for tips on how to get better at biking. I'm on a team so I don't have to do swimming or running. Keep in mind, it's a kid's triathlon so I only have to bike 4 miles. I know that's not very far but I still want to train a little to get better before I do it. If you have any tips on biking, or ways to improve please answer!

thank you! :)



Answer
Hello,

I did the SF treasure Island triathlon with my friends the other day and I have a few pointers. It was my first triathlon and I really enjoyed it.

Try to find out the route and spend some time going through the course.

Train hard during the weeks before, and save the last week to run through the course at a light cruising speed.

If there are hills involved, really make that focus of your training and make sure you know what gears will give you the best speed / endurance combination.

Practice reaching for the water and drinking - a couple guys lost their waterbottles during my race and one of them hit me as I was riding... The guy turned around to go pick up his bottle, wasting a bunch of time...

Eat a lot of carbs the day before. 4 miles isn't that far, but it is significant!

Good luck.

what are some good child triathlon bikes?




Tim O


My son who is 8 wants to get into triathlons. What are some good bikes for his age?


Answer
I don't know that anyone makes a child's triathlon bikes, meaning one that has aero wheels and bars, etc. A child's road bike or even general purpose bike should be sufficient. Try attending a local tri that includes kids and see what the competition is using.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment