Friday, February 28, 2014

What age should kids Be aloud to ride their bike around?







So my mom is the protective type and my family is in a tough situation as far as money goes, and we only have one car which means half of my plans to hang out with my friends are ruined when I wake up and find my mother has went to work with the only vehicle and won't be home until 8. I was wondering how many people find a 14 year old boy riding a bike 3 miles appropriate. considering my neighborhood I fairly small, I can't ride it in it.


Answer
I was certainly riding my cycle more than 3 miles when I was 14.

From the age of 11 I was cycling to school every day, and going for longer rides with my friends at weekends.

OK, this was over 40 years ago, and there is more traffic on the roads now, but I do think that cycling is an important way for a young person to develop road sense before learning to drive a motor vehicle.

As long as you can handle the cycle well, and you know the rules of the road, I see no reason why you shouldn't be using your cycle to get around. The size of your neighbourhood is irrelevant, whatever size it is you can cycle around it.

what are the ages recommended for a 20'' bike to the seat?




Pompuff


its 20 in from the ground to the seat


Answer
http://www.sportsauthority.com/sm-determining-your-bike-size--bg-2857481.html this website has charts for bike to height charts, its not the age thats important, because some kids are a lot taller than others, so they cant use the same sized bike just because they are the same age... but a 20" wheel for kids would fit anyone from 48-60 inches(look at the charts on the link)... it can also depend on inseam... i need a large instead of a medium because i have a 32" inseam but im only 5' 11"... if the chart is too confusing go to a bike store, they will professionally fit a person to the right sized bike




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment