Thursday, February 27, 2014

Can you edit my Book Review for me? It on Cheaper by the dozen.?




Robert


Mr./ Mrs. give birth to 12 children, 6 boys & 6 girls. Their reason for having so many kids is everything is cheaper by the dozen. Anne is the first born, who was born in N.Y.C.. Anne also, is the bad seed in the family, who dress like a --Eskimo?--! And date a biker guy. Their Father , teach the little offspring's about everything ants to working in a fakerey. But, in the Dad get crush by a car whale riding his bicycle.


Answer
very poor try again, and this time read the book not just watch the movie.

Should I upgrade my daughters bicycle?




pecosdave


I got my daughter a (Pacific Cycles) Schwinn Superstar several years ago, it's a really good quality 18" youth BMX bike.

http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/pacific-cycle-18-girls-schwinn-superstar-bicycle-reviews

She learned to ride on this bike, and is a pro at it now. She's 7 years old now (8 in February) and even though she's still well within the size expectations of this particular bike, we like to ride on the Seawall in Galveston occasionally.

Would upgrading her to a 20" BMX help her out as far as speed/distance at this age, or would the extra torque needed to get the bigger wheels moving combined with the slight weight increase of a larger bike nullify the advantages of moving to a larger wheel size? Quality wise there's absolutely nothing wrong with her old bike - it's ready to handle the next 5 kids it will get passed to eventually, and there's a couple of other little girls I might teach to ride on it. Size wise she should be able to do 18" or 20" just fine.

FYI I ride a 24" Diamondback BMX (about 4 or 5 year models old Lucky 24) and my parents who will join us on occasion are going to be on 26" cruisers. I obviously can't move at my normal pace/distance no matter what when any of them are with me, I'm not looking to turn any of them into super speedsters, just help her along a bit.
I am actually better than most parents about maintaining bikes. At her age my dad had already taught me to patch tubes and I was able to do it - granted with variable success at that age. I've given her the rundown on tube patching, but she's not quite ready yet.

I'm thinking this cruiser:
http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/Products/Kids/Ages-6-9/Details/1764-S11MNSPR-Mini-Sprite

Or possibly this BMX - which is basically a scale-up/repaint of her old one:
http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/Products/Kids/Ages-6-9/Details/1779-S11STAF-Stardust

I like buying Pacific Cycles/Schwinn for kids, they're good quality but not insanely priced. High dollar comes once they're old enough to expect a decade or two of use out of one, in other words when they're ready to buy their own.
FYI - a 20" can be forever if that's what you're into. I actually went 20" to 26" at about 10 back to 20" at 15 and I kept my 20" until it was stolen out of my house when I was 28. I only went 24" because I am of a large build and over the age of 30. Had my 20" not been stolen I would probably still be on it.

I figure when she's 12 or so she will be better able to pick her own. As it stands right now she would chose a low quality piece of trash with princesses on it so I'm making the choices until she's able to look beyond that sort of thing.
The pop-pom were one of her favorite things about the bike, and the shortest lived, they don't survive kids for long. It's certainly a good quality bike she has now, not stupid good quality that would be overkill for a kid, but it sure beats a a cheap Wal-Mart Disney princess bike - by far.

If anything I'm hesitant to get the cruiser because it's too much like an old fart bike. (notice what I said my parents are on) In fact it could be said my bike is a scaled up version of hers, sans streamers and zipper-backpack-basket, the one that was stolen when I was 28 was even chrome like hers, (without the purple parts).

I think I'm going to show her pics of both and ask her which she would prefer.



Answer
the big thing is rebuilding the front/rear axel bearings and making sure you run good quality tires that will handle 45-50 psi. runing tires at that pressure greatly reduces drag and is the best way to help her out




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment