Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Need hlp sizing a bike for my son.?




Erik G


My son will be 5 on Jan 1st :) and he is big for his age about 3ft in height and 50 to 55 Lbs. I was thinking a 16 inch would be a good size just not sure. I know it sounds weird that I'm asking but Mom is being very difficult and we are currently in the middle of a custody hearing that after all is said and done he will be with me 50% of the time :) so I don't have him yet to get an accurate size. Ugh I wish I could find that perfect world where things like this don't happen. Anyways if there are any parents out there that have a similar size boy can tell me the appropriate size to get I would greatly appreciate it thanx.


Answer
Erik,
I'm happy you will have equal custody, I fought hard for it and failed. Now you're here asking for advice about your son's bike - very cool.

Yes, even if he's big for 5 he still needs a 16" wheeled bike. Kids bikes are cheap and it's silly to buy one that will fit in 2 years! A good fitting bike during this time when he will be two wheeling in the next year or so is important.

I have two girls 9 & 11 now and I been though this. I'm really into cycling so my girls benefited from it. Your son may out grow it in a year but it's much better than having it too big and him being frustrated attempting to use it.

Keep the tires hard the seat up so his knees aren't bent too much and oil the chain. That's about all I've done for my girl's 12, 16, 20 and 24" bikes.

Good luck and cherish all the time you are together. It goes so fast. Get yourself a bike and ride with him.

Merry Christmas

Best size bike for a TALL 3 year old?




SolarPower


My 3 year old daughter has a 12 inch bike but she is tall and I can't raise the seat high enough so I'm thinking about getting her a bigger bike. Which would be better,a 16" or an 18"?


Answer
http://www.evanscycles.com/help/bike-sizing#childrens

Try that link. However - nothing beats TRY B4 you BUY! Kids grow very quickly. Get her the largest bike she can stand over comfortably.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment