Friday, January 24, 2014

What size unicycle should I get for my first one?

best kids bikes 20 inch on 16 inch wheels 16 inch girls bike for sidewalk speedsters
best kids bikes 20 inch image



Liv


I'm getting ready to buy my first unicycle and I don't know what size I should get. Ive heard 20 inch is the best one to start with, but I'm rather short (5'1) so I was wondering if I should get a kids size instead? Like one of the 16 or 18 inch ones.


Answer
i have a 20 inch but i'm 6ft so i'm not sure if a 20 will be small enough for you, you should go to a bike shop that sells them and see if you have trouble mounting a 20 or not, if you do have trouble then you should get a 18

What size bike for an 8 year old? Are sized based on tire size?




Helen S


Looks like the 16 ince wheel bike is the right size, but other info says, buy a 20 inch bike. So which is right? Going to look at used at peoples homes and don't want to waste time looking at the wrong sizes. Help!


Answer
There is a little truth in some answers but... I have 2 young daughters on the small side and have decades of biking experience soooo...

16" is a very small bike. Height is the factor but if your kid is of average height you want a 20" bike. Most all kids ride 20" by 7 for sure. Both my petite girls had 20" bikes at 7. My older one needed a 24" at 10. Kids grow fast, never get a bike they can barely ride now as they will be too big for it by August.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment