Thursday, November 7, 2013

Anyone have a bicycle seat for baby that you love?

best toddler bicycle seat on ... /child-seat/trailer combo to participate in a bike move last summer
best toddler bicycle seat image



RearFace@1


I would love to get one for my 13 month old for this summer. Have the breeze in our hair and great exercise and freshness...I want the best for a good price, no more than $60 give or take. I am not sure what to look for. Any ideas or advice? I don't mind shopping online either, but I am not sure where to go and Google is just killin me today.

Also, a baby helmet too...?



Answer
I have absolutely no advice about what brand to get, I'm sorry. If you have a large sporting goods store near you that may be worth looking at. Chances are they would have some.

Mostly I'm just wanting to answer saying that I love the idea of a bicycle seat rather than a trailer. Everyone says that if you fall baby falls too, which is going to happen with a seat or a trailer. With a seat the baby is strapped in and protected on three sides like with a car seat. I'm more paranoid with the trailers. They make the bike longer, which means that you have more of an opportunity for a car or another bike to hit the trailer if they aren't paying attention. Plus if you fall on the bike the trailer is going to tip too, and often kids aren't as secured in them as they would be in a seat.

Here are two that I found on amazon. I think both look great, but for a younger toddler I would go with the one that has head support. The front mounted one looks like it would have better stability for the rest of the bike, but it looks a bit scary.
Good luck!
http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Cocoon-Mounted-Bicycle-Carrier/dp/B000F934W2/ref=sr_1_3/002-6601764-2326445?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1211849978&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/iBert-Safe-T-Front-Mounted-Bicycle/dp/B000H4E7EO/ref=sr_1_1/002-6601764-2326445?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1211849978&sr=1-1

Where can I get a helmet for my 8 month old baby?




Jenna S


A friend just got me the child carrier seat for my bicycle and I need to know where to get a helmet. Thanks!
I have looked at Target, walmart, sports authority and none of them have helmets small enough for her.
I know it is not recommended to take them until they are one year of age however my daughter is walking on her own and I have spoke with her doctor and he thinks she is strong enough for me to take her.



Answer
It is not recommended that you take a child on a bike with you until they are 1 year or older . . . they are still developing good neck / back control and the weight of the helmet is not good for them.

http://www.bhsi.org/little1s.htm

Amazon has some helmets that you might be able to use when she is a bit bigger:

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Boomerang-Infant-Toddler-Helmet/dp/B000FA973Q

http://www.amazon.com/Giro-Me2-Infant-Bike-Helmet/dp/B000FABD0G




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment