Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where can I find some good sizing guides for kid's road bikes?

best store for kids bikes on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best store for kids bikes image



K_Alejandr


I'm doing some research for a friend who wants to buy a bike online (there are no stores nearby that stock kid's bikes so he can't try one out) for his son.

I'd like to find a guide that includes some information regarding height, inseam and bike dimensions/geometry.

If there's anything that explains the relationships to how the physique relates to the geometry of a bike, that would probably be helpful too, even if it's not specific to kids.

Thanks!
If you read the question, you will note that I'm not asking for help sizing a bike to a specific kid. For starters, the guy has 3 kids.

I am looking for guides. Mostly because I don't want to just take someone's word for it, I want to understand WHY a specific size of bike matches a specific size of kid and how it all fits together.

The Sheldon Brown has been excellent as always.

Anything else out there?



Answer
Links below.

How do you remove a valve stem from a bycicle tire?




purplelynn


I don't have the tool that removes the valve stem. Is there something else I can use? I am replacing the tubes in my kids bikes and the box says if the valve stem leaks then take it out and clean it and put it back but I can't get the blasted thing out. Grrr. Can someone help with this.


Answer
You're looking for a valve core remover. They're available at any auto parts store.

FWIW, tubes are cheap, and in 40 years of serious riding, I've never had a valve core leak. Replace the tube. Go to a bike shop or order online from Performance or Nashbar. If you're getting your tubes from Wallyworld or Targét, that could be the problem.
-------
Note to Gerry: Slime tubes will seal small leaks, but eventually will seal the valve as well, making it impossible to pump air in the tire. Tried that once, never again.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment