Saturday, September 14, 2013

How do I install training wheels around a rear derailleur on a 20" bike?

best kids bike training wheels on ... Disney Cars Bike with Training Wheels (16-inch)  Cycles for Kids
best kids bike training wheels image



StanleyLiv


Just purchased Wald training wheels for kids bike (16" to 26"). The right side has a gear derailleur on it, which extends further than the axle. I can't put the training wheel bar on the axle since I don't have clearance.

Can this axle be extended out farther somehow?



Answer
There are better ways to learn how to ride a bike. Remove the pedals and lower the saddle so they can flat foot on the ground and push them self around and learn to steer. Then try coasting down a small slop with the feet down and then lifting the feet. Next replace the pedals and gradually raise the saddle.

http://www.wikihow.com/Ride-a-Bicycle

When did your kids start riding their bikes without training wheels?

Q. it's official, my little Sarah is riding her bike with OUT training wheels! So exciting!! She is 4 years old, and her twin sister won't hardly budge to get on a bike! Her good big brother took her out and taught her and then her other older brother and daddy helped! They have been doing this since friday afternoon.She's a pro!

when did your start riding without training wheels? Who taught them?


Answer
4 to 5...

Both of my daughters learned from my father... He ran beside them holding the back of the bike slowly adjusting the training wheels until they weren't using them..

My son taught himself... My father let him help put together a swing set teaching him how to use tools... The next day I went out on the back porch to call him in for lunch, I found his training wheels and a crescent wrench... I started down the porch steps to look for him when I was nearly knocked down as my speedster zoomed by doing great... He yelled "Mom no training wheels!!!!" as he zoomed off for another lap around the backyard... LOL




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment