Monday, September 9, 2013

How do I keep my kids bike chain from always coming off?

best place for kids bikes on bike safety for kids and parents
best place for kids bikes image



Dyslexia o


The bike is new only a couple months old,I have no tools and the neighbor is always putting it back on. Is their a way to keep it on?
Its a cheap walmart bike.



Answer
Try to take it back to WalMart and see if they can fix it. If not, get your money back. The rear wheel needs to be straight so that the cog is aligned with the chain ring and tensioned tight enough to hold the chain in place but not so tight as to damage the chain.

Without tools, you can't fix this yourself.

How do I stop kids/teens from biking through my yard?




lilrefa18


Very kid friendly neighborhood, lots of sidewalks, parks, etc. My house backs up to a street that has an adjacent sidewalk. Recently, teens and kids have started biking through my yard to get to the road/sidewalk, even though the bike path and trails are less than 1/5 mile away. They're starting to ruin my yard, and fences aren't allowed due to HOA regulations. How do I deal with this? I was thinking about putting down nails, but that can mess up my lawnmower. Ideas? Help!


Answer
Contact the HOA and ask them what you *can* do to stop the traffic. Complain that it's ruining your yard and they shouldn't be trespassing on your property in the first place. HOA members are usually pretty much jerks when it comes to someone breaking the HOA rules. I'm sure they would be all over this (those little old ladies love nothing more than enforcing stupid rules on people, especially kids).

And, don't put down anything like a nail strip. If one of the kids gets hurt, you will be liable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment