Saturday, September 7, 2013

Is it okay if a toddler falls asleep while strapped to a safety seat on a bicycle?

best toddler bicycle helmet on | Buy Baby Toys| Best Toddler Learning Toys| Where to Buy Kids Bike ...
best toddler bicycle helmet image



dreamelixi


When riding, I usually glance back every few minutes, but sometimes my daughter starts nodding. I stop and we take a water break. She gets sleepy because of the cool breeze, the rhythmic feelings of the bicycle, and the incessant visual stimulation, but is it alright to keep peddling with her head down? She's strapped in, has a safety bar on her child seat on the bike, and we both have helmets.


Answer
I'm pretty sure that's when its time to call it a day and put her down for a nap..

Where can I get a helmet for my 8 month old baby?




Jenna S


A friend just got me the child carrier seat for my bicycle and I need to know where to get a helmet. Thanks!
I have looked at Target, walmart, sports authority and none of them have helmets small enough for her.
I know it is not recommended to take them until they are one year of age however my daughter is walking on her own and I have spoke with her doctor and he thinks she is strong enough for me to take her.



Answer
It is not recommended that you take a child on a bike with you until they are 1 year or older . . . they are still developing good neck / back control and the weight of the helmet is not good for them.

http://www.bhsi.org/little1s.htm

Amazon has some helmets that you might be able to use when she is a bit bigger:

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Boomerang-Infant-Toddler-Helmet/dp/B000FA973Q

http://www.amazon.com/Giro-Me2-Infant-Bike-Helmet/dp/B000FABD0G




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment