Friday, September 6, 2013

How to balance a Schwinn conversion bike trailer/jogging stroller?

best kids balance bike on Balance Bikes & Wood Run Bikes | Toddler Bike Reviews
best kids balance bike image



Amanda S


I just purchased a bike trailer and I can't get my bike to stay up while putting the kids in it. I thought maybe the front wheel was supposed to be on and it did help with support perfectly, but after looking it up it's only supposed to be used for the jogging stroller. How can I balance my bike while strapping the kids into the trailer?


Answer
Have you tried just lying the bike down on the left side, it would be better then knocking it over.

What's the best bicycle for my kids to learn to ride without training wheels?




Gina W


My husband says we should get a lighter weight bike for my daughter but I think that would be even more likely to fall over. Is there a brand of bike that has a low center of gravity or something similar that would make it easier to learn to ride? She's 6 and has a rather heavy "Cool Ride" by Dynacraft.


Answer
Your husband is right - a lighter bike would be easier to balance on: less weight = less work to balance. With a heavy bike she has to balance her weight plus the bike. Unfortunately though, they don't really make lightweight bikes for kids - they all seem to be horribly heavy.

A low center of gravity might help a bit, but you're not going to find a bike like that - all the weight goes into the structure, and anyway, the heaviest thing she's balancing is herself - the bike is only a minor part of the weight.

What you may want to do is get a 'balance bike'. These bikes train the child to balance - they have no pedals and the kid runs the bike along. The idea is to get the child to pick his/her feet up and start to learn to balance. After that, you can buy her a regular bike and she'll already have the balancing skill.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment