Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Has anyone tried one of those Strider toddler bikes - without pedals?

best toddler bike no pedals on Cool Products | SittingAround.com Blog
best toddler bike no pedals image



Rose Arizo


Wondering if it's a fad, or really is easier for toddlers to get the hang of.


Answer
We are planning on getting one for our 2 yr old...my brother in law is a bike mechanic and says that it teaches balance and most kids can even skip the training wheels.

I am looking for a good toddler seat for my bike that goes infront of me?




cheekymonk


I want a seat for my bike for my son to ride on but I'm looking for the kind that goes in front of me. I can't find one anywhere. What is a good brand and does any one know what the weight limit is?

Thanks!



Answer
Wee rider is the only brand name that I'm aware of. They are pretty expensive though. Weight limit is 18 kg (40 lb).

http://weeride.com.au/.
http://weeride.com/

There are a few no name nock offs that are cheaper you can usually find these on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Front-Mounting-Baby-Child-Bicycle-Seat-Carrier-CSFR_W0QQitemZ350050258551QQihZ022QQcategoryZ7295QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fitting one of these will make it hard to climb. I also expect you might have to adjust your pedaling "knee" style.

They would probably be fine for short trips and you will enjoy chatting with the lad more.

My tip would be to talk louder and get a trailer. There is a heap more room for the accompanying toddler baggage and they don't effect your bikes handling anywhere near as much.

I'm not keen on the rear mount mainly because the child's view is dominated by the parents bum.

Both the "on bike" options are probably safer if you need to ride in heavy traffic.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment