Sunday, May 25, 2014

Teching kid to bike. What is the easy way to teach biking for a 4 yr old.?




Saravanan


I find it quite dificullt to bend down and run holding the bike. There are acessories like push bar for trike, is there any thing like that for bike. For example http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/sm-kettler-push-bar-tricycle-accessory--pi-1438946.html is useful for a trike, will the same fit for a kettler bingo 12' bike?


Answer
Does your 4 year old have trainer wheels on? If so, adjust them all the way up so they are not in contact with the ground all the time. I did this for my 4 1/2 year old and he has great balance now so, he COULD ride on 2 but, he still has the security of 4 if he starts to go over. I have taught him the skills he needs to be able to ride his bike properly with the 4 wheels in place so, he's gonna be good to go when I take them off.

If on 2 wheels only, walk behind them and just stabilize them with your hards on their shoulders. Once you feel they've got their balance, let them go without telling them. Bike riding 101 states you WILL fall but, that's the best way to learn, as long as they get back on and they are wearing the appropriate protection.

Best of luck!

When do kids get the hang of riding a bike?




dolly


My son just turned two, and he can't seem to get the hang of pedaling his trike that he got for his birthday. I was just wondering if that's normal, I thought he'd be ready by now! We put him in it and show him how to pedal, push him around, try and coax him, but hmmmm. Maybe he just doesn't have the coordination yet????
That's good to know, lol. He's my first child, and I really don't know what to expect when reaching certain milestones.



Answer
My son just turned 3 in June and he is just now figuring out the whole pedaling thing on his trike that he got for his 2nd birthday. He is just now developing the muscles to push himself and a bike, and the coordination to figure out left, right, left, right. I don't think there is necessarily a deadline for this one, it depends on your child's size, the distance to the pedals, coordination, motivation, etc. A lot of factors. We have a friend of his that is 6 months older and he is already on a bike with training wheels and tearing it up but he is about twice the size of my son! Just keep practicing and don't force it, you want your son to like riding his bike and he will once he figures it out! I've never heard of someone who didn't know how to pedal as an adult! LOL




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment