Monday, May 26, 2014

At the gym, do you notice certain body types gravitate to different machines?




Psychic Ha


Like 100-pound younger women tend to like the stair-climber type things. More muscular guys, if they aren't on weights, will do bike. Tubby people walk on treadmills. Mid-weight guys tend to run on treadmills.


Answer
I avoid gyms like the plague. I do yoga and Pilates....yoga at an ashram and pilates at home.

I hate the whole pick up body fascist scene that goes on at most gyms...though i used to go to one in Sydney to do kick boxing and that was great because it was a real boxing gym and the only people there apart from me we serious boxers who were actually interested in training...not looking at themselves in a mirror while they did squats and circuits. And a heap of street kids who the owner Tony Mundine takes under his wing and teaches some discipline. He is actually a very famous boxer in his own right...having won gold medals at the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games ,...and his son Anthony and brother Mick are also very successful boxers.

And there was never a metre of Lycra seen there either
lol.

I want to ride 3000 kilometres over the period of 2 months (give or take a week) does anybody have any tips?




Aaron T


Hi guys, i was thinking of riding from here (Mossman up in far north queensland) to Sydney which is about 3000 kilometres away. I was thinking of doing this with a friend of course, just after i leave grade 12, i am in grade nine now so i have plenty of time to plan this etc.


Answer
GO FOR IT!!!!

I rode across the Nullabor Plain when I was in yr 11. Best experience ever. I'd do it again in the blink of an eye (but I wouldn't have said that at the time!!!)

The support I got from the kids in the remote Aboriginal communities was unbelievable, as well as the toots from the road trains flying by.

A few tips:
* Get a really, really, really, really (you get the point) comfy seat. I had a silicon seat and my bum was still sore after day 1.
* Get your tyres filled (is it also with silicon? my cuz got it done for me) so there is less/no chance of a puncture.
* Have a back up team if you can - when I rode we were meant to have a car/driver and team as support but they all pulled out before we left. If you can't get a back up team make sure you let the police know your course - just in case.
* We bought this awesome little trailor which hooked onto the back of the bike - we stacked that full of water containers and food.
* Get walkie-talkies so you and your mate (or team) can keep in touch
* take a camera...SO many unbelievable sights

It's hard to prepare yourself mentally because it's difficult to know what to expect (for my trip it was anyway). It gets might lonely out there...I started talking to the flies!!!!

The morning I left my mum was bawling coz she thought I was gonna die (nice confidence booster before I left!!!). Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it.

Have a fundraiser to raise money for things you'll need...are you doing it for fun or for charity?

Good luck!!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment