Sunday, April 27, 2014

Where can I find a bike helmet to fit a 15 month old?

Q. I just got a toddler carrier installed on my mountain bike but I can't find a helmet for kids as small as her.
The smallest ones they have at walmart are for three year olds.


Answer
Try this.

http://www.etoys.com/search/index.jsp?kw=bike+helmet&f=PAD%2FTRU+Age+Filter%2FBirth-12+Months&fbc=1&fbn=TRU+Age+Filter%7CBirth-12+Months

How do child carrier seats attach to bikes?

Q. I've never messed with a toddler carrier seat, but I may have need of it soon. I have three bikes, but the one I think best suited to a child carrier is my Global Carmel which is a nice 3 speed I'm going to call it a townie, but it really describes a proper definition.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=38419

I'm looking for one of the standard mount behind the rider setups, not a trailer to drag. That bike has lots of braze-ons that I think are meant for rear racks and some for fenders I guess that I don't use. Does anyone have recommendations or at least a solid "Yeah one should work on your goofy bike because?"

(My other two bikes are a 24" and 26" BMX so I'm leaving those out of this for now)
(defies a proper definition, doh!)


Answer
You'll need a rear rack - and a rear rack strong enough to bolt on a child's seat. Check with your local bike shop.

However...if you were to go to my local bike shop, the owner would talk you out of it. He has a good phrase for so-called "Child Safety Seats". His term is "Post Natal Abortion". I don't like them, never have, never will. The bike becomes top heavy, prone to falling over, with your child strapped in & no way to escape. Tow behind trailers are MUCH safer - period.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment