Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Does it look odd if an adult rides a 24 " inch mountain instead of a 26 " inch mountain bike?




Dinosaur


I won a great looking dual suspension mountain bike from work, but when I brought it home and did some research it said it is for boys 9-16 yrs of age.


Answer
I'm guessing that by 24/26 in bike you mean the tire size. Not too many bikes come in that large of a size. My 23" Giant mountain bike is one of the largest frame sizes.

Honestly, I would be leary of riding that bike. If it is made for younger kids, it is propbably designed with kid's weights in mind, not adults. The frame and fork may not be designed for the forces that an adult could put on such a bike.

Maybe what you could do is find out where the bike was purchased and try to trade it in for one built to your size. You might have to pay a little on top to get the trade, but if it is from a cycle shop, they are usually willing ot help get you onto the right bike.

Happy cycling.

is the Schwinn ranger Mountain Bike good?

Q. i dont care about its price trust me i dont care if its $1,000 it still doesnt matter but does anybody have this bike? im thinking of getting it but can you guys tell me the pros and cons?
one site said that it has these things:


Boys' 21 Speed Mountain Bike
24" Wheel Size Fits Most Teens; Heights Ranging from 54 - 60 Inches
Linear Brakes
SRAM-Grip Shifters
Made of Steel; Front Suspension
Adjustable Seat Height
Recommended for Ages Teens
Assembly Required
Dimensions: 39" x 28" x 66" "


Answer
24" wheels? Are you a kid? No offense - just asking. If you're 5' tall or more, the best thing to do is go see some real bike shops. They have bikes in both 26" wheels & 700C wheels to fit most everyone of any height.

To get down to business - yes I have one of these bikes with the 26" wheels, not 24" wheels. I bought it used from a local bike shop. The ONLY reason I bought it, the bike had several upgrades over the years. The original rims (wheels) had been replaced with Weinmann 519 rims. The original rear derailleur had been replaced with a Shimano Altus. And the last time around, someone had dropped it off for a new bottom bracket - and never picked it up. The bike sat for 3 months. It became property of the bike shop. I bought it for $60. Even after that, I made some more improvements...a 30mm riser handlebar vs. the o.e. flat bar, a better saddle, etc.

I just use it for a 2nd bike. It's nothing fancy. If you buy a new one, expect to sink some more $$$ into it for repairs in just a few years, if not less. If it's going to be your only bike, I'd look elsewhere.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment