Sunday, December 29, 2013

What would you do if you visited Vancouver?

top kids mountain bikes on Mountain Bike, BMX  Stunts Kids Baseball Jersey  BMX Best Bikes
top kids mountain bikes image



MountainCh


If you were visiting Vancouver for just 4 days, what would your top 3 things to see be?

Any outstanding restaurants I just have to visit?



Answer
My top 3 things :
1.Whistler - there is so much stuff to do there and good shopping there. You can go see our beautiful mountains with lots of activities. But it is a bit of a drive though.
2. Stanley Park- A beautiful park with lots to do. Go rent a bike and go around the sea wall!
3. Well I can't have only a third one because I can't choose
There's shopping - Robson St., Pacific Centre,
-Go check out Yaletown - Great restaurants around Yaletown shops as in Hamiliton St. - Like Chopstixs for Japanese, Goldfish for Asian Fusion, Brix, and awesome gelato - Yaletown Gelato
Another great gelato is La Casa Gelato with 200 + flavours! Also if you go there go to Commercial Drive because they have great restaurants like Me and Julio for Mexican and Marcello for Italian
Go to Granville Island and check out the kid's market just for fun and eat at the Public Market so much good food. You have to get the bagel with cream cheese there so good. And the lemon merigue pie!!
Go to see the suspension Bridge.
For cheap sushi go to Samurai or Kamei Royale.
You must go to Italian Kitchen and have their donut dessert sooo good! Go to Nu its a good restaurant too.
I've kinda already answered this question so go visit this one and check out my answer and click on the links i've provided there.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsfZJ.eKDYZffB_UVfOJ_tFA7RR.;_ylv=3?qid=20080724161624AAzt076

How does one size themself for a bicycle?




Marc


How do you figure out what size bike to get? I'm an adult and not sure how you figure it? I still have my bike from when I was a kid. Seemed to be pretty big then. Not sure how I'd fit on it now. But was probably looking to get back into riding a bike for exercise or just for fun. So if that one might be too small now, how do I size for a new one?


Answer
Worth the read:
http://sheldonbrown.com/frame-sizing.html

Short version: You need a frame that lets you adjust to the correct seat height, and has the right length top tube so you're not too stretched out, but not banging your knees on the bars either.

As a kid, you probably had an inexpensive bike with a generic one-size-fits-all frame. If you're average size (5'8" or so), it may still fit with the appropriate adjustments. Of course, as a serious bike person, I think you'd ride more and enjoy it more with a newer machine set up just for you.....

To give you an idea, I'm 5'9". I ride a 54cm tri-bike, and an 18" mountain bike.

How important is setup? A couple years ago, I put together my current mtb from a new frame with a mix of old and new components. Having trained and raced for decades, I have my riding position pretty well set. I took careful measurements of seat height, saddle position, bar height, etc. before dis-assembling the old and reassembling the new.

A couple weeks later, I started having shoulder problems at swim workouts. Pain, crunching noises. At first, I put it down to old age and past injuries catching up with me. On a hunch, I remeasured my bike. It turned out I had somehow put the saddle 1.5 cm further back than intended. Moved the saddle forward, shoulder problems went away in short order.

Obviously you wouldn't know what your setup is SUPPOSED to be, so you might find it worthwhile to have a bike shop do it even if you keep your old bike. Ask questions. As you get more experienced, you may find it necessary to make small adjustments from the basic set up.

For racing purposes, a lot of triathletes pay to have their setup done on a trainer with a power tap and heartrate monitor to make sure they get as close as possible to the performance sweet spot. Top level pros do this in a wind tunnel to add the aero drag component.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment