Saturday, December 21, 2013

What can Indiana Tourists in Sacramento do? May 23th to June 7th?

best kids glider bikes on Kids Bikes: March 2012
best kids glider bikes image



Sharon Coh


Need ideas for my houseguests to do in the coming weeks. They are both young women, nearly 30, and I'm (quite) a bit older and working everyday. They'll be on their own most days.

I need to offer suggestions for low cost adventures within half a day's travel. They have a car, camping equipment and very little money! They have equipment for fishing and camping. I don't even know what fish are in season or where they could catch them! Boat rentals, kayaking, etc. would be great if I only knew where to send them. They are from Indiana so the natural sights, sounds and creatures of California are very entertaining if I only knew where they'll find the greatest fun.

Your ideas would be appreciated.



Answer
I always recommend auburn areas to visitors that are into nature, exploring, camping and stuff!
If you take hwy 80 east exit in the town of auburn and continue on 49 and let it wind around and down to the bridge go right on the bridge that will send you into the heart of the gold mining/ rush areas and beautiful areas to hike in!
Also some of the all time best hiking and mountain biking is a few exits past the auburn exit and it is called "foresthill" (you can also connect to it by going straight instead of right at the bridge) if you get off the freeway and make a right you will cross one of the biggest bridges in Calif. or is it in the U.S? I forget anyways thats a sight they have to see! (they also filmed a scene from that vindiesel movie there xxx??) anyways one of my favorite spots Ive been going to since I was a kid is at the end of the bridge there is a mountain top there if you park at the basin of that (back side) and hike up you may loose a breath at some of the views and the eagles and hawks sowring. ( we flied out gliders there as a kid) anyways should they venture up Foresthill a ways there are tones of comping spots mosquito ridge, devils hole (i like the views and peace here) , lower and upper meadows and a couple of other ones in the area that may be better but I cant give away all the goods! lol good luck! tell em its all about exploring up there just like they did a hundred years ago! you can never go wrong in those parts!
dang now i wanna go! lol need a tour guide? let me know!haha
also don't forget the central coast and northern coast too if they can make it, SO BEAUTIFUL! I know these don't sound like day drives but they can be! when my wife and I need to get away and have no time to do so........... we do it in a day! :) we did Ukia to Mendocino coast and down the coast (1) last weekend got home late but it was worth it! :) enjoy, have fun, be safe! email for more details, no worries!

Did you buy your kid(s) a glider bike or balance bike?

Q. What age did you purchase it for him/her/them? What do you like about the bike you bought? =)

My son is 2 1/2 and tall. I know he would have no issue fitting on one but I'm wondering if he is ready for it.


Answer
I personally think those balance bikes are a waste of money. I always just got regular bikes with training wheels. You can set the training wheels loose so the bike wobbles back and forth allowing the child to learn to balance just the same. This way when the child is ready to peddle you just take the training wheels off and they have a two wheel bike. With the balance bike/glider then you have to go buy another bike. Also it's better for your child to learn to peddle while they learn to balance. They can learn to balance on a glider but once they get a peddle bike it's different to balance while peddling and so it's like learning all over again anyway.

just two cents from a mom of 4 boys




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment