Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How can I convince my parents to let me ride a Motorbike (NInja 250R)?

best 16 kids bicycle on Best quality Kids Bikes: Spider-Man 16 bike red
best 16 kids bicycle image



Anon


Hiya. I'm 15 (going to be 16 in about 5 months) and I really want to get a Sportbike. I'm not going to be doing wheelies flying down the road and zigzagging at 150 mph, I just want to be able to get to school and back and go over to some friends houses without having to ride a regular bike there. The one I'm looking at is a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, I figured I really don't need a 600 (that much speed and everything) so I thought that would be a good starter bike of sorts.

However, my parents are really stubborn about it. They kinda do the same thing with everything and figure "Oh man, I once heard someone died on a motorcycle" so they are convinced it's dangerous. And yeah, I know they are. But I live in a really small town, there isn't much traffic and it takes 10 minutes or so to get my to school (depending on the roads, etc.). Again, I wouldn't be speeding or anything, and I would wear a Helmet and Jacket so I don't see how the risk is that large. They won't do any research into it, the bike, motorcycling in general, or otherwise.

I'm looking for something to tell them to help convince them to let me go through with this, I told them I would take the Motorcycle course to learn how to ride, and pay for any gas for it out of my own pocket, but they didn't even bother thinking for more than a second before saying "No."

Thanks to all who reply. :)



Answer
You *CANNOT* convince your parents to allow you a sport bike. Sport bikes are know to cause good kids go bad. They know that you cannot ride a sport bike slowly. OKay? Understand? It is NOT HAPPENING.

Now, do you want to ride? Do you want *anything* similar to a motorcycle that the parents might accept? What do you need, instead of want?

You write: " I just want to be able to get to school and back and go over to some friends houses without having to ride a regular bike there. " Bottom -- easier than a pedal bike. Symba -- the Honda Super Cub that your parents' parents rode. http://alliancepowersports.com/models/Symba.html You can tell your parents that Symba is *no different* than riding a pedal bicycle, just as safe a pedal bike, but easier.

Should I get a car or bicycle as a teenager?




That_Bum


I'm 16 right now and i need a better from of transportation. I only get rides in the morning to go to school and come back home, but whenever i need to go to the store to get some supplies or go to a friend's house to do a project my parents are busy working. I will also be getting a job this summer. So I ask you internet people what is better for a kid my age, a bike or car. I know that insurance and gas is gonna suck but at least it will be there whenever i need it.


Answer
Gonna pick up ur prom date on that shinny new bike? Go with a car it will work better for you




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment