Thursday, August 15, 2013

How many itches should I get for a bike my height?

best kids bike mtb on Hello Kitty Kids Mountain Bike 6speed Shimano 20 Wheels
best kids bike mtb image



In Love wi


I am getting a bike and I need one for my size. I am 5'2 tall. I need to know want itches or size of the bilke might explain for you. I using the bike for bike riding with my boys on our bike path and around the area has well. I be having a little trailer in the back you can use on the bike for pulling children. I have a three year old that still doesn't know how to ride his bike,


Answer
Actually, only kid's bikes are measured by wheel size. Frame size is used for adult bikes. Unfortunately, you don't mention what kind of bike you're getting. But, in general, you want a road bike you can easily stand over, flatfooted with 1" of room to spare. MTB bikes are usually bought in a smaller size than that.

Bike shops will be glad to ensure you a good fit for your new purchase.

What is a good bmx bike for a 13 year old?




Beer Can


I'm only a beginner, in fact I haven't even started yet. I can ride a bike and I am very coordinated. I'm only 5 feet tall, so take that into consideration. And I'm looking for quality, but affordable prices


Answer
Based on your age and request for affordable I did a search for you. I'm really stressing the affordable here, but trying to get good worked into the mix.

I did a brand neutral search, I set the upper price to $150, searched for BMX and looked for the lowest cost one that didn't make me want to blow chunks just looking at it, and I found one.

I found the Diamonback Viper.

It's not that great, lose ball BB, one piece crank, freewheel, and an all on steel plate for a chain wheel. It meets the affordable request you asked for and it is better than a Wal-Mart bike, though not by a lot.

For $50 more you can get a Session that has a better chain wheel and a cassette hub.

These are "rock bottom" bikes. These are better than buying something from Wal-Mart or Academy, but they're still not "good".

Right at $300 I found a Kink Launch which is getting out of the rock-bottom zone.

These are Internet prices. I guarantee unless you live in an expensive area like Beverly Hills you're going to find better deals than this locally than on the web, you're just going to have to do some hoofing it between bike shops and what have you.

You are better off looking for good deals on Craigslist than buying a new one for your first bike if you don't have a ton of cash. Some of these Old School BMX bikes are quite good, and if you find one in good shape you set yourself apart as having a cool classic. Often you'll find brand new bikes someone bought and decided not to use and just want rid of, or a spoiled rich kid who didn't want a Haro BMX like their parents got them, they wanted a Specialized MTB. Of course they sell the Haro when their parents buy them an MTB.

I put an example of a really awesome deal on Craigslist in my area I would snatch up in a second if I were in the market for a 20" BMX (my old large self rides 24" cruisers now)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment