Monday, August 12, 2013

Do you think that this was the correct course of action?

best toddler bike with parent handle on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best toddler bike with parent handle image



hendsbeex


I have a 3 year old boy. On Saturday, we were in our back yeard playing around his toddler pool (it is no more than 4 inches deep, with maybe a diameter of 6 feet) when the little girl next door came over. She is maybe 6 or 7. She started playing with my son, which I have no problem with as she comes over quite often to push him around on his bike, or car or whatever. The next thing I know, 3 of this girl's friends come out of nowhere, and start splashing around in the pool, they were all a good 3 years older than my son, which basically forced my son out as he was by far the smallest. I sent all the kids out of my yard, including the first little girl. This upset my son, as he had no-one to play with. The little girl came back later in the afternoon, and I explained why I did what I did, and told her that she, and only she is welcome to come over and play with my son. He does have younger friends that he plays with in some of the groups that he is in.


Answer
Absolutely. It was the correct and wise course of action. You not only had to be protective of your son who could have accidentally gotten hurt by the bigger kids, but also look out for the safety of the other children and have consideration for their parents who might not have felt entirely comfortable with them being in a pool or even in another person's yard without their knowledge. It was unlikely that an accident would have happened with you standing right there and them being older, but children have drowned in small amounts of water, and I think you should always have the permission of each of the parents whenever you have a child younger than 10 in any kind of pool. Had one of the girls gotten hurt, you could have been held liable, morally and legally. When I was 13 I was babysitting my younger sisters when a friend of theirs from the neighborhood came over, and her parents and mine were really upset I let them go into the pool, and that's when my parents said that each parent had to know whenever a kid went into a pool and to give consent each & every time. My mom is a doctor who once had a 2 year old with severe neurological problems for life because she fell face-down in a toddler pool and couldn't get up. You have to be so careful with all that.

It doesn't sound like you yelled at the girls or were unkind to them, and that you took the time to explain to the neighbord girl that she was welcome at your home, and to make her understand that you weren't angry and didn't dislike her.

You handled it really well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment