Saturday, February 1, 2014

What is the best folding bicycle for around $200?




jasonivana


i'm looking for a cheap folding bike that is kind of quick. i dont care about weight or size. i'm 5"11" i was looking at the Schwinn loop and the out of stockl Gekko's but its hard to find reviews on them.


Answer
at that price range, there's gonna be a lot of compromises.
I have the Gekko and it's perfect for short rides but then I bought it for the kids. folding snobs look down on my gekko due to it's folding size and weight but I like the way it folds. I don't have to wrench my back to fold it, I just push down on the seat.
The only major Folding brand in that range is Dahon and their boardwalk S1 is $210 where I live.
Below that pricepoint are the stuff like Zport and Kent. they look good but I'm concerned about their frame geometry.
the bottom bracket looks like it's behind the center line of the seatpost. (this is for the Kents)
The Zports are $140 where I live and I would of bought one if I didn't find my gekko. but I would do more research on them, their tire size is 18in not the common 16/20 and their rear brakes are band brakes.
Or, you could be the guinea pig and get the Loop, it looks nice and from one description the weight is about 30lbs.
have fun and good luck, you'll be amazed at how much fun a foldie could be.

Best place to buy a bicycle online?




Rick


I realize that the best place to buy a bike would be from a local bike shop, but the closest shop is more than fifty miles away from me and I have no way of getting there. The only alternative would be to buy a pre-assembled bike from Wal-Mart which I'd never do for obvious reasons. So does anyone know of a good place to buy a bike online? I'd rather pay extra and receive a properly assembled and calibrated bike by post.


Answer
Amazon.com I would say would be the best place. You can look at what others reviewed about the bikes and you can also get a warranty. I have an older model of this bike that's on Amazon and it's amazing!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008O2FUNS/gepcpr-20

The Diamondback Brand Mountain Bike really will just glide under your feet and absorb the bumbs, it's worth every penny!

You can also check out your local pawnshops, but I would look into the ones near the college campuses. Here in Austin, TX the ones near the campuses have brand new bikes kids pawned off to get beer money and party supplies.. or bills had to be paid.

Happy Hunting! ^_^




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment