Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I am looking for a good toddler seat for my bike that goes infront of me?

best toddler bicycle seat on Little Hiccups: Bicycle built for two... or three...
best toddler bicycle seat image



cheekymonk


I want a seat for my bike for my son to ride on but I'm looking for the kind that goes in front of me. I can't find one anywhere. What is a good brand and does any one know what the weight limit is?

Thanks!



Answer
Wee rider is the only brand name that I'm aware of. They are pretty expensive though. Weight limit is 18 kg (40 lb).

http://weeride.com.au/.
http://weeride.com/

There are a few no name nock offs that are cheaper you can usually find these on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Front-Mounting-Baby-Child-Bicycle-Seat-Carrier-CSFR_W0QQitemZ350050258551QQihZ022QQcategoryZ7295QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fitting one of these will make it hard to climb. I also expect you might have to adjust your pedaling "knee" style.

They would probably be fine for short trips and you will enjoy chatting with the lad more.

My tip would be to talk louder and get a trailer. There is a heap more room for the accompanying toddler baggage and they don't effect your bikes handling anywhere near as much.

I'm not keen on the rear mount mainly because the child's view is dominated by the parents bum.

Both the "on bike" options are probably safer if you need to ride in heavy traffic.

What to use for a 14wk baby and 2 yr old in a bike trailer? Helmets too big and car seat won't fit!?




Aimee


I have a bike trailer for my two babies but I don't know how is best to keep my 14week old safest. A helmet won't fit until at least 18 months and her car seat won't fit in with my 2 year old as well :0( Don't want to be stuck in a stuffy, hot car all summer so would really like to keep fit and take them out on the bike! Help!! Thanks in advance :0)


Answer
The infant in the car seat cannot ride with the toddler -- so just get a bicycle child seat http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Classic-Bicycle-Child-Carrier/dp/B000ISXSSA for the toddler -- kid will be much happier being up there behind you and watching around the road. Also should be available at Target, locally.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment