Saturday, February 1, 2014

Does adding a bike trailer with 2 kids effect the use of a bicycle motor?




hulahula


I am thinking about getting one of those bicycle motor kits for my bike. I also have a trailer to pull my kids on the bike. Would the extra weight (about 90lbs for 2 kids and trailer) effect the performance of the motor.


Answer
just like trucks, the size of the engine has hauling limits. also, as noted, you still have to contribute your own power..

a child carrier or bicycle trailer?




annakalb


which is better and safer for my 1 1/2 year old to ride with me?


Answer
I too have a Honda Civic and the Schwinn brand trailer folds to 3" flat on the floor of the trunk.

I carry a 4 yr old and 2 yr old grandsons in the trailer. The kids love it. They don't have to be enclosed in warm weather as the top acts as a convertible.

On cinder bike paths you will want a rear fender on the bike to keep the dirt from flinging up on your child.

As to what BobA said about the stability... I did drop my bike with the trailer attached. I got stitches in my leg. The kids sat there worried about me. They were fine, the trailer never lifted a tire. Can't say that about rear rack mounted seats.

Look around you can even find a fantastic deal on used trailers that are like new. Kids simply out grow them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment