Tuesday, December 24, 2013

How can I turn a coaster brake hub into a fixed gear hub?

best kids bikes 12 on ... Kids Mountain Bike - Sabre Fireball. 12 MONTH MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY
best kids bikes 12 image



Reptar88


I have a 12" rear wheel from a kid's bike (coaster brake hub/wheel) but I want to make it a fixed gear for a chain driven unicycle I'm building. Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this?


Answer
You can actually do this internally depending on who made the hub, but the fastest, easiest way to accomplish it is to have a weld shop tack weld the cog to the hub shell. 4 tacks around the perimeter should do it and keep heat to a minimum.

It would be far better for your needs to get a freewheel hub, add a fixed gear, and build the wheel.

How can a 12 year old make easy money with out approaching a lawnmower?




Evan


I am 12 and I am saving up money for a ps3 how can I make easy money without having to touch a lawnmower and take out the trash?


Answer
1. Go to craigslist and make an account\

2. Post a add under community/childcare or pet care be sure to make it sound like you can babysit very well, I say i will take attentive care of your child while you are away. be sure to put your cell-phone number, not your home phone, but if you don't have a cell than home phone is fine

3. make lots and lots of posters about your babysitting and use all the tips i said in step 2. Put them around places not near a highway, place them on posts around neighborhoods where people like to walk.

4. Bike or walk around until you see a women/man who has children and give them a "flyer" and ask if they need a babysitter. ( I got 2 jobs this way)

5. BE SURE TO BE ASSERTIVE!! Ask for an amount of money and STICK TO IT! if they don't want to pay you that much then tell them by. You DO NOT want to look like a kid that people can take advantage of.

Thank you for reading, hope it helps dude.

-Alex Susky




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment