Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What age do kids normally learn to ride a bike without training wheels?

best bikes for kids to learn on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best bikes for kids to learn image



Jazmyn


My daughter is almost 7 and doesn't know how and is scared she will fall. I'm just trying to figure out if she is behind other kids.


Answer
It is just fine that kids are learning at 4 or 5, but 7 is not too old either. There are so many factors, most of which are exposure and opportunity, that come into play. The avid rider's kids may ride much more often than someone else's so that one kid has 40 hours on a bike by age 4 when it takes another child to age 7 to get 40 hours. My main point is not to be concerned with being behind; many kids learn up to age 9, with the average age being around 6.
If her fear is really preventing her from trying, suit her up with helmet, elbow and knee pads. Tap the pads while on her so that she can know what it feels like. Be silly about tapping the pads, like it hurt your finger or something.

How many of you riders learned to ride at 16 in the street on a street bike?




Ride on


How many learned to ride off road long before they ever got their licence. I ask because I don't think in traffic is a good place for a 16 year old kid to learn to ride.


Answer
I think I was 25. Don't want to do the math. On a '74 Honda CL360. But I did live 1\2 mile up a dirt road in a rural area. The shortcut to work was out the other way. With no town maintenance past my driveway. I agree with you about 16 yr. olds in traffic. I also don't think most should drive a car at 16, but that's a different argument.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment