Sunday, June 22, 2014

Reccomendatons for kids bike?




Tali


We want to get a bike for our 3 years and 7 months very tall (42 inches) son. He would need to use training wheels and coaster brakes for the beginning. What bike would reccomend? What should I look for when choosing a bike?


Answer
At this point, it would be a great idea to visit a bike shop. Even if you don't buy one there the sales staff will fit him and give you an idea of what exactly you need.

When people come into my shop looking for junior bikes, I generally take the time to fit them (knowing they probably won't buy from me), then suggest that they buy a bike IN THE BOX from a discount store and have me build it. Yes, this reduces my kids bike sales but generates goodwill when mom and dad want to buy a new bike.

Parents: When you see your kids riding a bike?




Jesus Chri


Are you worry about them falling off the bike and scraping their knees and getting hurt?

Or do they wear knee pads and elbow pads? How do you feel?



Answer
My kids generally only ride their bikes in the yard at our house (we live on 2 acres on a backroad where people drive like maniacs, it's not HEAVY traffic, but people drive stupid on this road regardless, so no way in Hell are they rakin their bikes on the road, even with me there), so we don't usually bother with helmets. This year I'm going to get a helmet for each of them to keep at their grandpa's house where they can ride the sidewalk, etc... (he lives on a culdasack -probably spelled that wrong- so the kids can ride down, around, and back). I have 3 boys, ages 6, 3 and 2, that are very much all boy, and scrapes, bumps, bruises, etc... come with the territory for us, so I don't worry too much about that. The 6 year old's a typical boy who got his mommy's Klutz gene, the 3 year old is a daredevil that's not scared of anything, and the 2 year old is a ruthless climber that's also not scared of anything. This tends to make me a nervous wreck, but I try not to worry too much!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment