Monday, June 23, 2014

My 4 year old can't pedal a bike. Despite how hard he tries, he just can't do it, SUGGESTIONS?




Looking4He


My son is a normal active, healthy 4 year old. He watches kids his age, ride their bikes. He just can't seem to get started with the pedaling process. I really want to help him, I just don't have a clue how to get him started. And honestly, it frustrates me because I can't help him. Can someone please help me, help him?


Answer
I assume his bike has training wheels. Kids have a more difficult time pedaling in the upright position, and I also just discovered they have a really hard time learning to pedal if there is a back break on the bike (it breaks when they pedal backwards). You might try to find a tricycle with no breaks to let him learn on (or a hot wheels). My husband and I were also surprised to find they make 10inch starter bikes (at toys r us) with no back break. The reason we figured it out is because our 2.5 year old got on and started pedaling, but when we put her on her sister's bike she couldn't pedal. The reason was because she needed to push backwards on the pedals first to get her feet in the postion where she had enough leverage to push forward. If the bike breaks when she pushed backwards she could'nt get her feet in the position to pedal forward. He will get it, just give him time and don't be afraid to try a trike, hotwheels, or beginner bike with no breaks (only on safe areas of course!).

Can kids bike in the streets like cyclist?




ocxboi45


im 14 and i have a track bike. i was wondering if i can go on the streets like a cyclist.. ill have lights and a helmet on


Answer
track bike
you aren;t worried about no brakes, scraping a pedal during cornering, low speeds, hills?
other than that, go for it if you know vehicular cycling
you should be cycling just like a person would drive, pretty much

wle




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment