Saturday, March 15, 2014

Toddler Seats on Bicycles?




*DiZzLe*


I would just like everyone's opinion of the little bicycle seats you can attach for you kids? Does anyone have experience with these things? Are they safe? What about those little wagon type things you pull behind you (which i'd really rather not use). I want to take my son riding with me.


Answer
The seats on the back are perfectly safe if YOU are a safe rider (which as a mommy I am SURE you are) just make sure to get a helmet that FITS baby's head and ride in places that dont have TRAFFIC

(I HATE it when bikers go out to ride for their "health" on a BUSY street where they are SO likely to get hit!! ESPECIALLY w/ kids in tow!! And I have seen it A LOT!)

As far as those wagons that you can pull behind you... those are CRAP!! They are almost IMPOSSIBLE to control and steer making it VERY HARD for you to control your OWN bike. Plus the "drag" that it has makes you have to work a LOT harder when peddling and you can pretty much FORGET going uphill w/ one of those things!!

Hope that helps!

Toddler tricycle... helmet, knee pads, what do I need?




Alyssa and


My daughter is 18 months old and I want to get her a tricycle. I know its a bit young but the neighbor kids have ride-on toys and she is showing a lot of interest.

What do I need to get to make it safe for her to ride? She would only be using it on the sidewalk in front of our place, never on a street or without me right there. I guess I am the over protective kind of mom, she won't be riding alone till after she is 10 if I have my way. Is a helmet enough?



Answer
Yes for a tricycle a helmet is def. enough, and even for a bicycle with training wheels a helmet is enough also. I wouldn't put knees pads or elbow pads on my kid when they are riding a bike, unless maybe it's when they are learning to ride a two wheeler, but that's just me, if u feel better with them on then by all means put them on her, but it really is unnecessary.

Hope this helps, :D.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment