Sunday, December 8, 2013

what are some good racing bikes?

best kids cyclocross bikes on cyclocross jake the snake cyclocross levers with disc brakes
best kids cyclocross bikes image



Lighght


i have raced before so im not a beginner. i had a redline but i have out grown it now. what are some really good racing bikes?
its downhill bmx racing
i raced in a REAL race



Answer
For what kind of racing? Road bikes, mountain bikes, cyclocross bikes, BMX bikes, what?

You're quote, "i have raced before so im not a beginner." Raced against who - some kid down the street? If you have raced before & were all that knowledgeable, that last place you would come for advice would the Internet seeking out complete & random strangers.

I smell a dead carp. http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2136/2426639598_f0da2dbf90_z.jpg

Would a trek mounted bike 220 suite me? I'm 6 foot 180?




original


I'm looking for a summer bike to ride to the gym everyday thats at least miles away. I'm looking for something no too expensive. I found a trek mb 220 at a thrift shop for 89 dollars. I looked it up online and its supposedly a kids bike. I got on it it doesn't feel to bad. I'm a little tall for it but its nothing too bad (I kinda like the feeling of it). What I'm asking is should I just keep looking or would this bike (still being a bit small) be good for me? Or will the small have a big impact on me on the long run?


Answer
This is from Trek's site, the FAQ. It says you're 100 pounds too heavy for that bike. If it feels good and you're using it for easy commuting, you'll be ok for a while, but sooner or later (sooner if you're hopping curbs, etc) the frame will break on you:

Is there a rider weight limit for Trek bikes?

Yes, we have the following weight limits on our bikes:

Max rider weight of 50lbs:
Trikester, in our Kids collection.

Max rider weight of 80lbs:
All other bikes in our Kids collection.

Max rider weight of 275lbs:
Road bikes, triathlon bikes, and cruisers.

Max rider weight of 300lbs:
All other bikes, including hybrids, urban, commuter, fitness, Ride+ electric assist, cyclocross, and all mountain bikes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment