Monday, December 9, 2013

Need Help thinking of a good Whatever for the Virgin Mobile Campaign.?

best youth triathlon bikes on ... Junior Tri Shorts Color Black Geo Size X Large Youth Cycling Apparel
best youth triathlon bikes image



shantam0


Hey, I'm Breona and m particpating in the Virgin Mobile DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES Campaign to raise money for homelss youth only thing is I can't think of a good "Whatever" that wil catch peoples attention to help me raie a good amount of money need Ideas.!.!


Answer
The challenge is for people to create an online pledge promising to do a crazy, wacky or interesting stunt upon hitting their fundraising goal.

You could do anything from running a marathon (you don't necessarily have to 'run' a marathon, you could cover the distance in your local gym on a treadmill) to participating in a triathlon (again this can be carried out in the gym; swimming pool, exercise-bike and treadmill); from breaking a world record (its easier than you think, be sure to contact Guinness World Records) to abseiling down a local landmark (a skyscraper or tall bridge).

Good luck!

I need to get faster, how can I improve each individual leg of the triathlon?




Hayden


I'm fourteen, and I got into triathlons last year. I need to get faster for the youth triathlon championships, but I don't have any experience with short races. All I have done is Olympic distances, and I can do one in about 2 hours 25 minutes. In the swim I am doing 1:10 100 meters each, and 19.8 mph on the bike leg. I really need to improve on my run which I am doing about a 8:30 mile afterward. Usually I can run a 5k in just over 18 minutes... If you could help that would be appreciated.


Answer
For swimming, just get a good breathing rhythm and try and refine your stroke. Also, work on kicking drills. Lazy kicking is the assassin of swimmers.

For running, form is key. Head up. Thumbs pointed forward (this actually works, no joke) and arms at a 90 degree angle. Lift your knees. Breathe with your diaphragm. Breathing should be rhythmic to running. Oxygen flow should be as optimal as possible. Also, work on either catching or steadily moving ahead of people. Surges are the best. Surges weaken your opponents and give you an adrenaline rush. Several well placed surges can shave off a lot of time. If somebody is only a little bit ahead of you, rush behind them. Muster up the energy to stay with them. Then, go past them with a quick 5-10 second surge.

Good luck with your triathalons. Your times look awesome. Fine tuning is probably all you need, and I'm sure that all of your times can only get better.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment