Monday, September 23, 2013

What should i get for my first motorcycle?

best beginner kids dirt bike on Motorcycle Battery Maintenance
best beginner kids dirt bike image



Kyle


Right now ive been doing a little homework on looking around on bikes. I have rode before but im just working on getting my license then ill be getting a bike. But I'm 5'9 160lbs im also looking at what size bike to get, im very interested in the Kawasaki Ninja zx6r 636 and that's what ive been looking at. Are there any suggestions or help I could get?


Answer
Hope you have a lot of money. A sports bike with a beginners motorcycle license will be expensive for insurance. You would be better off getting a different class of bike for a year then after you establish yourself with the insurance company you will get a better rate. Also if you were my kid you would not be getting a Ninja as your first bike. My kids started off on dirt bikes then my old Honda Nighthawk to get driving experience before getting on high performance bikes with a lot of faring to crack if you drop it. Your choice though it is your money, skin and bike.

How hard is it to learn how to drive a sport bike?




zach r


I owned and rode dirtbikes regularly from the age of 10 to 17 (I am 20 now and feel responsible enough to get one). I am a strong kid and about 5'11.

I am thinking about a 600cc bike...Is this a good first bike?
Thanks in advance.



Answer
It isn't that hard to learn. It is HARDER to learn on too much bike, hence a good first bike is not a good bike to keep for the long haul. EX: I started out as a beginner going out on track days on a Yamaha R1 and had a horrible time. I was coping instead of riding and never really got going. Then I switched to a SV650 and rode the snot out of it and had a blast.

Modern 600's are not a good 1st bike. HP and riding position are SUPER aggressive and not conducive to learning well. Older ones like Honda f3 are ok. Better yet go for the SV650, GS500, FZR, etc etc. Get something that isn't your dream bike and learn on it, be prepared to perhaps plop it over and not have it be a huge deal. These other bikes we are mentining are NOT slow! new 600's are rippers these days!

THEN after your first season, spring for the 600 if you are feeling initial competency. It is different then dirt. You are going to get a kick out of countersteering!

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment