Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How can I make a bicicle for a little boy who is an amputee?

best kids bike 8 year old on Surf the Web Together - Channel.me
best kids bike 8 year old image



Kate, the


He is 8 years old and was in a horrible car crash a few months ago. I baby-sit him all the time and he is very upset that he can't ride his bike now. I am going to try to turn it into a motorized bike for him, any suggestions on how to do this I would apreciate.


Answer
Buy him a pocketbike. He will be the coolest kid on the streets with one of those. They sell gas which are fast ones for about $300 and electric ones which are a bit slower but still fast for about the same price. Try ebay or check if there is a local store that sells these.

When are kids old enough that you can stop scheduling play dates for them?




Elana


So just to let you know, I'm 33 years old, I haven't got kids (though I consider my niece and nephews to be like my own children), and I remember the days of my meeting kids at school and deciding on my own that I wanted to hang out with them. I remember going over to friends that lived in the neighborhood and just telling my mom I'd be back in time for dinner. I now work as a social worker (therapist) where my colleagues and I have come to refer to helicopter moms as "smothers". So my question is how old must kids be for parents to allow them to decide who they want to be friends with, rather than having mom coordinate and decide that for them? When can the child make plans on his/her own without planning through the parents? And when do the parents no longer have to be present while the kids hang out and play? Basically, what are the guide lines? My brother and sister-in-law just bought a new house and I was there yesterday when they took my nephews to see it for the first time. One of my 8 year-old nephew's friends from school apparently lives a couple doors down and he saw us checking out the new house. He called out that maybe now their moms can schedule a play date for them. But if you're 8 and you live a couple houses away do you really need your moms to schedule a play date still? The play dates mystify me.


Answer
Once they're walking, talking, and going to school, I think play dates are unnecessary. Kids can ride bikes to each other's houses and decide who to play with on their own just fine. If there's no kids around, they can join a club, sport, or activity where they can meet kids doing something they like, but being forced with a kid you don't know for a scheduled time just seems awkward to me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment