Saturday, February 22, 2014

What is the longest distance a 6 year old has ridden a mountain bike?




john_borst


My son just learned how to ride his bike in may(no training wheels) and to day he rode 11 miles confirmed by witness so I was wondering just what is the world record.


Answer
I am not sure of the world record(not even sure if there is one), but can attest that my kids (who have been riding with me their whole lives) my son at 5 did 28 miles( he did many 20+ mile rides). My daughter at 6 did 24. As long as they enjoy the ride, eat right, and they aren't hurting they will be fine. Let them be their own gauge, that has seemed to work well for us.

Can 6-8 year old kids play outside with no adult supervision?




Ladybug


There's a neighborhood playground very close by and I always take my 3 year old son and his little 6 year old friend to the neighborhood playground. However, I see tons of kids around age 6-8 years old playing there by themselves all the time without any adult supervision. Today I was the only adult at the playground for at least 3 hours and there were about 10 kids. I live in a fairly safe town but i still can't comprehend it. Is it alright and normal to let 6-8 year olds play by themselves at the neighborhood playground? is something wrong with my neighborhood or is this the norm and okay?


Answer
It depends on the area. I live in a family-friendly neighbourhood, and kids of that age go out to the park all the time without parents (well maybe not 6, but certainly 8), and there's nothing to worry about, because we trust the people who live near the park, and there`s always someone around to keep an eye out.

If you live in a city centre, or an otherwise more dangerous area, where you don`t know or trust the neighbours, it can't hurt to supervise your kids.

I live in a suburban area by the way, and there are many children who just take off on their bikes, usually in groups, to one of the four nearby playgrounds and two outdoor swimming pools.

So yes, the kids should at least be in groups of 3 or more, so if one gets hurt, one can stay with him while the other goes to get help.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment