Sunday, November 10, 2013

How old were your kids when they learned to swim?

best bikes for kids age 11 on La Libertad Y La Ley, �, Fundamentos S�lidos De La Felicidad Social ...
best bikes for kids age 11 image



Danielle


My son is almost 2, and he knows how to swim with arm floats. He almost has swimming down in general. My husband and all his brothers, learned at one. I taught myself at like 10. When did our kids and you, learn to swim?


Answer
I started trying to teach my daughter when she was 8, a few months after she learned to ride her bike. But we had two insanely hot summers, so we didn't get very far.

This summer was milder, but a lot of family drama. We almost lost her dad multiple times due to complications of an injury. She finally officially became a swimmer at age 10, a few weeks before her 11th birthday. Next summer we will improve her skill level.

I personally learned how to swim when I was 21. I saw how much my daughter loved playing in the water and decided that while she plays splashing games with Daddy, I would go out shoulder-deep and teach myself to swim. I am still not really good enough to save anybody, but at least if there was an emergency, I can keep my head above water while someone else saves the non-swimmers.

How do I figure out what size my daughter's bike is?




arliesmom


She needs a bigger bike, but I have no clue what size her current bike is. Someone once told me it has something to do with the tires but I have no idea where to look, there are several numbers on her tire. I see no numbers anywhere on her bike.
The only numbers on the tire that I see besides how much to inflate them is a 56-4013. Does this mean it's 56 inches?? My daughter is 10 years old.



Answer
While frame size is used for adults, tire size is the method used for sizing children. Age indicates size needed but height is better.

My daughters are 9 and 11.5. My 9 year old has almost outgrown a 20" wheeled bike. And my 11.5 year old now rides a 24" mountain bike and has for 2 years. She is 56" tall now, a little short for her age.

The tire size is ALWAYS imprinted on the tire you just missed it. Try looking at the other side. It will say something like 20 x 1.75. 20 being the diameter of the tire and the 1.75 the width. Do not measure the wheel itself as it's not what is used. You also can simply measure the tire height with a yard stick. Standard tire sizes are 12, 16, 20, 24 and 26" for kids. I'd guess she currently has a 20" and needs a 24" now like my daughter

Since your daughter is in between my girls, I'm pretty sure you want to buy a 24" now. However if she is really tall, almost 5 feet tall, you may want a 26" bike.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment