Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I am planning on moving to San Antonio and want to know does the bus system go to the country?

best kids bikes 2011 on ... Bikes for Kids - LIKEaBIKE Mountain Review | Balance Bikes For Kids
best kids bikes 2011 image



Only A Cow


I am planning on moving to SA very soon by summer of 2011 to be closer to my kids and do not have a car, I have to get there and know it has a bus system but really do not want to live in the city. Just wondering if I were to get a place in Von Ormy or Pleasanton if the bus goes outside of the city and anyone would know this question. I am not buying a car until after i get to SA I can survive traveling by my bike or the bus like I have been here in my small town.


Answer
I can only presume you mean San Antonio, TX USA. And yes, they do have a large public bus system known as VIA. The routes do extend to suburban areas but the further out from the city you were to live, the lessor the frequency & service hours are. I would recommend checking the VIA Website in relation to some areas you might consider living or working. Best of luck!

What kind of bike should I get?




metropolis


Haro Heartland Ltd Comfort Bike '10 - $349.99

Diamondback Insight 1 700c Men's Hybrid Bike - $399.99

I want a bike that is good for long distances and that can handle my weight. I would attempt to stay on paved roads, but there is really no telling where I will end up. I am 6'4" and 220lbs. With that said, I was wondering if a 29er would be better.



Answer
Depends on what year of Diamondback - and I'm not kidding. The 2010 model uses a SRAM PG-820 8spd Cassette (11-32t). Key word being "cassette". The 2011 model uses a Shimano HG-20 7spd (12-28t) freewheel.

The cassette will have a lower 1st gear for pulling hills & a freehub set up - not a freewheel. Much stronger.

This type of bike is NOT intended for off-road use. It may handle a light trail of finely crushed gravel or packed earth at slower speeds. But I wouldn't take it purely "off-road". What makes me so sure? I OWN a 2009 Diamondback Insight.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment