Friday, August 23, 2013

I want to take off my gears on my bike to make it a bmx bike . How can i do that?

best youth bmx bikes on Kids Cheap 20 Inch Bmx Cycles | Kids Bikes for Sale UK
best youth bmx bikes image
Q. This is the bike i have
http://www.k2bikes.com/index.php?brand=Youth&series=BOYS%20MOUNTAIN&type=NONE&model=ZED%2020&2007=false
please help


Answer
you will have to take of the gear shifter, the part near the back tire that shifts, get new forks, break wires, handle bars, and get a gyro (detangler)

Best type of bike for San Francisco?




jeffkloy


I was wondering what is the best type of bike would be most suitable for San Francisco?

Oh yeah, I am a 4'8" male, and already am having a hard time on a youth BMX bike (speed/acceleration wise). Most bikes won't fit my height, so if someone offers a specific make/model that would suit me best, it would really be appreciated.



Answer
When my son was approximately your size, we got him an extra small Gary Fisher Marlin mountain bike. He also has a Cannondale road bike. The Cannondale was a women specific design and has fit him well.

You are right in the gray area between a youth and adult size bike. There are bikes out there that will work great for you. You are just going to have to do some searching and don't be put off by women specific designs. I suggest going to a high quality bike shop and getting fitted. The shop may have to do some experimentation with stem lengths and bar designs to get a bike right for you, but it can be done.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment